'', Klebold shrugged. "They said they waited their whole lives for this,'' Woodman said. Deputy Nielson dropped to the floor and scrambled for safety, crawling so fast that she skinned her knees. After this, the first instance of truly hearing something that isn't very faint in the background is at 4:13. Students Why can't I just take care of my kids? up on the roof.. He desperately hurled the bomb, but it exploded six feet away, stinging Hall and Steepleton with shrapnel wounds. coming from the schools northeast side. Dispatcher talking to officer: Im getting additional reports now that the parties are still inside the school, still shooting, launching grenades. or experienced to Deputy Magor, whose patrol car is blocking the traffic on Repeat. Two library employees Be the first one to, Patti Nielson 9/11 Call (Columbine HS Massacre), Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). Walcher of the Jefferson County Sheriffs Office arrives on scene. "You could. But they are having difficulty stopping the bleeding. But toward the end of his freshman year at Columbine High School, he came across Corey DePooter a guy who, like Eubanks, appreciated the simple joys of golf, fly fishing and country music. He picked up a chair and smashed it on the table. With two 9mm bullets in his left arm, one in the right and at least three others piercing his lungs, kidney and vertebrae, Castaldo somehow remained conscious. Copyright 1999 The Denver Post. hiding with 17 others in the schools kitchen reports what he thinks is a The final Columbine death toll: 15, including a mortally wounded teacher, Dave Sanders, who bled to death because police hesitated to move into the schoolhouse. Teacher: He is in science room number three. Some yelling occurs at 4:33 of Patti Nielson's call, and is, in fact, from one of the shooters. The 3 so-called "knocks" on the table just before this are also likely just gunshots, since they sound metallic, and the tables weren't made of metal, so it's just an effect by the phone microphone. partial detonation of a bomb and a subsequent fire. at Columbine High School. Nielson: The school is in a panic. Please enable JavaScript to pass antispam protection!Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser http://www.enable-javascript.com.Antispam by CleanTalk. The next audio happens directly after this, at 4:51 of Patti Nielson's call, and an operator clearly says "get under the desk, okay?" In a room filled floor to ceiling with files on the tragedy, the Browns explained that they repeatedly contacted police and complained that Eric Harris had threatened their son. inside the library entrance, continues her phone contact with the Jefferson also confirms a live bomb at Wadsworth and Chatfield. Help me! - Join the discussion in Your Voice web pages A pipe Hearing more explosions inside the school, the SWAT officers reached Scott. This happens at 3:27 in Patti Nielson's call and 3:24 in 11.23.11. "OK, I don't think I'm going to go out there. Paramedic Monte Fleming grabbed Kirklin and laid him in the ambulance on top of Graves. She had decided she wouldn't graduate in May, but now it looks possible. agencies already are aware of the situation at the high school because of the Search the history of over 797 billion Hall's right leg gushed blood, so Ireland used his hands to try to slow the hemorrhaging. "Peekaboo!'' - AP special section When I needed to speak, there would be what we called the echo. cafeteria below. In time, she says. Teacher Doug Friesen and several students ripped off their shirts and pressed them into Sanders' wounds, trying to save his life with makeshift tourniquets. Searle Columbine High School shooting library 911 call transcript safe 11:14 a.m. and 11:22 a.m. Harris and Klebold leave their cars and walk into the Awesome, man!'' Klebold, who wore a vest and ammo belt over his dark T-shirt, had dropped his trench coat onto the library floor. Stay on the LineDispatcher: I just want you to stay on the line with me, we need to know whats going on. Kids! The kids who are running with the shotguns also have Molotov-type cocktail bombs. Ted Mink, the new Sheriff of Jefferson County, Colorado, said that Columbine has indeed caused police all over the country to revise their tactics. are killed and 12 more wounded. At just before 4:35, a male talks and says "Page Boyd," and you can very faintly hear this on 11.29.25 at 0:30. patrol car, Harris shoots down the Fire sprinklers sprayed. suspects both take a moment to drink from water bottles left by students on the It sounds very convincing, and it's the main reason I did this project in the first place. A 911 when he hears dispatch report that a female is down in the south lower lot of Alot of people make these assumptions of what they are saying but forget the time frame of the call.. County Dispatch Center receives the first 911 call from a citizen reporting an alerts the deputies that the shooter may have a shotgun. They may be thinking the same thing. If it is separate from FBI-If the FBI cant hear it with all their resources, how can you? Nielson, the hiding teacher who made the 911 call, said, "They were on a power trip. However, this corresponds with the operator saying "alright, if--" before being cut off by the caller at 0:40 in 11.29.25. At 4:44 of Patti Nielson's call is when the aforementioned amateur transcripts say Eric says, "Alright, Dylan," or "I'm alright, Dylan". on the VCR that records images of lunchtime activities in the school cafeteria. Denver Post Staff Writer, Apr. - How to get help videotape. to Smoker as a gunman, carrying a semi-automatic rifle, appears on the inside of area, is dispatched to the scene of the fire and explosion on Wadsworth Klebold and Harris standing just inside the schools northwest entry doors. From the corner of his eye, though, he saw another girl get shot. shooting a rifle. Other times, they pointed their guns at a classmate but spared him for no apparent reason. However, I attribute this to some kind of transfer or hold, as there was a few seconds of silence, and the operator had been talking to other operators about calling someone prior to the silence. '', "No,'' Klebold replied. ''. Jefferson A YouTube video shows a reconstruction[7] of how the 911 call transpired. There were flashbacks. Jefferson In the library, the two teenagers had killed 10 classmates and wounded at least nine others. "You want to ask why they let him go? The deputy rolled out of his patrol car. Let me know what you think! Other investigations have concluded that on the day of the Columbine massacre, police should have acted more rapidly. I always wonder this as well, as she is literally screaming to get under the tables. the released version of the call ended before either of those incidents even happened. I was speaking to him. on February 7, 2022, 9/11 call from the Columbine Highschool Massacre, There are no reviews yet. Patty Nielson | C-SPAN.org O.K.? REB! Whereas the other one has things like Stop your bitching! Dispatch 9:19AM. students run out of the cafeteria through a side door. Harris You can hear just after the gunshot the same operator in the same call ask "where, where is that?". Maybe a couple more lines, but theyre inaudible. With the killers still in the library, Hall tried to ward off Ireland's help. This article has been tagged as NSFL due to its disturbing subject matter. The gun is right outside the library door. She was teaching three art classes a day. In a stairway leading up to the school library, Sanders was hit once, then again, by gun blasts. But I don't want to impose. That's the reason Josh, 9, Elise, 6, and Mallory, 3, have had their mom at home most of this school year - not because she has fallen apart. Dispatch County Dispatch asks if any deputies on scene have a long gun (a rifle or Gushing blood, Sanders staggered through the upstairs hallway while still managing to guide students. "Let's get down to the commons,'' Klebold said. "What are you doing? Deputy Columbine Library Audio (partially lost 911 call of Colorado school Security strobe lights pulsed. Several A witness Thats a great analysis and it clears up a bunch of the nonsense people who try to transcribe this call. disseminating pertinent information to the initial responders. the cafeteria after the bombs exploded. Wadsworth. Her conversation with the operator was punctuated by continuing gunshots. Ken County Deputies Scott Taborsky and Paul Smoker arrive on the west side of the Both killers moved on, leaving Scott unharmed. more pipe bombs are thrown into the cafeteria from the library hallway a floor Jeffco When he came to, he found the fuse of a palm-sized bomb sizzling beneath his table. can see other deputies on the west side of the school near the concrete shed and So if a customer complained that one of my ladies swore on the phone, I would have to review that call, and fire for language. "Three shots rang out. shotgun). Kastle stood on a toilet, pushed up a ceiling tile and hoisted himself onto a heating pipe. Harris rattled off 10 shots at the deputy with his 9mm carbine. "He wanted to kill Brooks, said Randy Brown, so we went to the police with that. The first library toward the west windows, killing one student on the way, before they. (Sound of gunshots.) Warned that bodies might be booby-trapped with bombs, he felt gingerly for some sign, any sign, of life. hallway, She drops the phone and On the But mostly there was a resetting of priorities, she says. bomb is thrown into the stairwell from the library hallway and lands in the Dispatcher: Dont let him close his eyes. A shy blond boy whose one close friend in school was assigned to a different lunch hour, Mauser usually ate by himself and spent the rest of "A'' track lunch period reading magazines or studying in the library. She was helping write a new art curriculum. alerts all units that Deputy Gardner is under fire and the suspect just ran into I always disliked that someone made those very amateur and false transcripts. Neilson was in the library when she placed the call. announces that possible hand-grenades have been detonated at the school. Denver Weather Moving from a small town in Oklahoma to oh-so-sophisticated Colorado, Austin Eubanks found it difficult to fit in. Voices of Columbine: The Denver Post Online As far as the peakaboo/mom thing, I think you are correct. The gunmen spotted Mark Kintgen, slowed by cerebral palsy, and shot one 9mm bullet into his head and another into his neck. Apologies for the long post, but I couldn't think of another way to do it. On the ground 10 feet away, Castaldo tried waving his left arm, but it was torn with two bullets and didn't work. of the school and they have long guns., A One Students arrive for classes at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo. on Monday. She sounded like a tape recorder stuck in fast-forward. the Jefferson County SWAT team and the Sheriffs Office command staff to be The same loud noise can be heard on 11.23.11 at 1:03, with sounds of people reacting to it. 16 - Patti Nielson. "When the year 2000 hit, it wasn't like a new year for me," she said. Smoker A few tables over, Dan Steepleton, Makai Hall and Pat Ireland feared the worst was headed their way. Less than a minute after she entered the room, Nielson called 911 as she shouted for everyone in the room to seek refuge underneath their tables. and Klebold walk up and down the library hallway, seek safety behind Crouching over Hall's pained body, Ireland let his own head rise just above the top edge of the table. Patti Nielson 9/11 Call (Columbine HS Massacre) : Unknown : Free Dispatcher: We have paramedics, we have fire and we have police en route. Another Klebold and Harris also have bombs constructed with timers in their County Commissioner and Board Chairman Patricia Holloway. For the second time that day, Kirklin turned his head and said, "Help.''. It was an older building. Always tripped me out. Outside the cafeteria, Rachel Scott, a student actress, was sitting in the grass and eating lunch with Richard Castaldo, attending his first year at Columbine after transferring from Catholic Machebeuf High School. "You could hear most of them going over the top (of the Blazer),'' Gardner said. INAUDIBLE. students and faculty escape the school to the south, they report what they saw Steepleton and Hall felt their legs ripped by buckshot. At one point she says she has to put the phone down and she does. throws something in the vicinity of the propane bomb. Teachers - Columbine archive Taborsky, protecting students who have fled out the west side of the school, Deputy Nielson is student Brian Anderson. The gunman turned towards her and fired without warning, causing bits of glass and shrapnel to slice into Nielson's shoulder. ''. On the C-SPAN Networks: Patty Nielson is a Teacher for the Columbine High School with two videos in the C-SPAN Video Library; the first appearance was a 2000 Rally.Most appearances . She got over the fear of sending her own children to school. However, this is an operator saying "Hello" quite loudly, and takes place at 0:04 of 11.30.13. "Stay tight,'' DePooter whispered. Many tried to shield themselves with tipped chairs. I question that. going to come to an end. 40.1 mb - right-click to save to your desktop, * Transcripts provided by Associated Press, * Transcripts provided by Associated Press and DISPATCH monthly, Audio File: Patti Nielson's 911 call from the library, Audio/Video File: Patti Nielson's 911 call from the library - "full" version, Transcript of Patti Nielson's 911 call from the library, Transcript of a student calling from Columbine to report a female injured in the parking lot, Audio File: 911 calls and police dispatch communications (1), Audio File: 911 calls and police dispatch communications (2), Transcript of a 6-minute dispatch tape JeffCo released to the media. killed and two more injured in the librarys center section before the gunmen out the east main entrance, to Littleton Hospital. side. How Should RTD Deal With the Drug Problem on Trains? Dispatcher: Is there any way you can lock the doors? Sudoku containing enough explosive, student parking lots to sit in their respective cars, The Time and again, they were savage enough to spray a classmate with bullets, hear the moans of pain, and then silence the cries with a final gunshot at point-blank range. Stay down until the police come to you. Dispatch I have always wondered how much of the written 911 transcripts are merely from people putting down what they think they hear as opposed to matching up what witnesses in the library recall the shooters saying at various points with the tapes? A few moments later, Nielson retreats to a back storage area in the library and her voice is no longer heard during the call. A student Dispatcher: O.K. Klebold It wasn't like 911, but we were using older tech. "I got up to him and saw he was shot in the chest,'' Phelan said. Many of these. Graves saw the mayhem and ran for his life. Immediately, Nielson and several students retreated into the school library, where she found a telephone and called 911. Another instance of this happens, where gunshots or explosions can be heard on both calls. View Patti Nielson's business profile as Teacher at Columbine. I can put myself right back in that place, Nielson said, and remember the panic., At first, she didnt believe it was really happening. From 20 feet away, Klebold pointed his gun at Kastle. I cant imagine! Which would be what you were saying, playing back slower, and randomly distanced sounding from your ears. just ''. "They walked over to her and shot her again.''. - Victim funds Pierce Street to the south. Seth Houy threw his body over Crystal Woodman and whispered a vow to take a bullet for her. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold walked inside the library. June 13 - The next minute would change his life, but Lance Kirklin never knew it was coming. reports several shots fired at Columbine High School. "That's when,'' she told her father, "I knew I was still alive.''. Teacher coat. 16 Deputy Hiding beneath a lunch table, Keni Dooley watched a gunman lob a bomb into the cafeteria and shoot it. IMPD active-shooter training will include 911 call from inside Columbine Nielsen survived the massacre, but the library became a scene of carnage. At 4:53, you can hear someone saying "Alright", and this is the operator of 11.29.25, and it's at 0:49. Trapped students cowered beneath library tables, unable to hide but unsure of anything else they could do. April 20, 2016 One of the calls I had to split because it didn't match up. Dooley sprinted for the door in front of the two killers. Seems like they were making the transcript off witness accounts and not from actual sound, which is backwards. Lance Kirklin saw his friend being rescued. caller tells dispatch. call reports that students are injured outside the school. Stephanie Munson was in the hallway outside the principal's office when a bullet smashed through her leg, just above the ankle. She was in the midst of work on a master's degree. My situation was unique among the teachers, and I think some people were afraid they'd say the wrong thing. The terror soon would follow her inside the school. And hey if it works why fix it? Uploaded by SHOT. This is actually a 911 operator speaking fast and saying, phonetically, "Jeff's'n Coun'y Sheriff's Office, do you have an emergency? Nielson said she's become increasingly cautious, less trusting and more focused on her "real life." Theyve got the rooms locked up. Patti Nielson begins to recite the Lord's Prayer while the operator encourages her to be quiet. Tributo a Eric Harris y Dylan Klebold. ", which happens at the start of 11.30.04. On the library floor around Harris and Klebold, 10 teenagers - Cassie Bernall, Steven Curnow, Corey DePooter, Kelly Fleming, Matt Kechter, Daniel Mauser, Isaiah Shoels, Lauren Townsend, John Tomlin and Kyle Velasquez - lay dead. From these recollections, a chilling picture of Harris, 18, and Klebold, 17, emerges: These two suburban teenagers enjoyed killing. Help reached him too late. Nielson: The school is in a panic. The Like, say there were no transcript available and youd never heard it before. Deputy school lunch tables. While most fled the chaos, Sanders, the business teacher, stayed to prevent a fatal stampede. Phil Hy arrives on scene and begins identifying and and were going to have another SWAT team do one last search of the school, because Ive heard two three and four suspects. Bullets whizzed closer. It's easier to have your priorities in order when you are faced with the idea you could die today, and you ask yourself have you done what you really need to do, or are you just flapping your wings?" Teacher: Yes, he is. Searle reports the man is still on the roof and has moved over to the north spins hard to his right and Gardner momentarily thinks he has hit him. Dispatch also reports one person wearing a red and white shirt on the north side of the Student An analysis of Patti Nielson's 911 call : r/Columbine - reddit Deputy I dont think Im going out there.. hear one of the gunmen shout, This is what we always wanted to do. She was emotionally strained. One girl, facedown, was warm. Based on comments These calls i have never heard and bravo to you for taking the time to audibly illustrate it for us. In Patti Nielson's call, it says "in the building by cust--" before it's cut off by a gunshot. [2] The call picked up the deaths of all ten students who died in the library; some can be heard begging for their lives. We sent SWAT in with some paramedics and everybody thats inside the school is confirmed D.O.A. Walcher Then Harris aimed his 9mm carbine at the doorway window and fired. The 911 call is the most interesting available evidence to me, but unfortunately, I just dont hear much from that long transcript, so I dont trust its accurate in the unreleased part either. Magor, on his way to the explosion in a field off Wadsworth, is advised of a Next to him, Scott curled in pain. on the Internet. Patti Nielson is a woman with an outwardly sunny disposition. I've got the kids on the floor. "I was so flat on my stomach, they must have been pretty good shots,'' Taylor said. and Klebold are in the cafeteria about 2 minutes. "Full" Patti Nielson 911 Call - video Dailymotion north main hallway. Gardner yells Its merely a flesh wound! and the peekaboo thing and do you believe in God?. She also fell behind on her master's. Deputy Suddenly Kastle fell through the ceiling, landing on the floor in front of a cafeteria exit. Dave Sanders, are attempting to find out what is happening outside the He survived. The 911 I'm doing better concentrating. Five years ago,Patti Nielson's life was turned upside down by a pair of violent teenagers whose actions Nielson and the rest of this Colorado community are still struggling to comprehend. SWAT team commander Manwaring arrives at Pierce and Leawood and advises dispatch In 2011, a Youtuber posted "leaked audio" of Lauren Townsend (18) being killed with Klebold's TEC-9 as Val Schnurr screams, "Oh God! outside the west entrance of the school. Broncos The two quickly became best friends, and Eubanks figured high school was going to be bearable after all. The teacher - who was among the first shot, made the initial 911 call from the school library and was huddled in that cupboard, closest to the shooters when they killed themselves - isn't sure when or if she'll return to Columbine. She got over the fear of sending her own children to school. Don't forget, he said, "Look at the n-word" or whatever it was he said before they shot him. From under the table, the teacher could see only Klebold's black combat boots. Ask God,'' said his mother, Jane Savage. enforcement officers on the east side of the school report noises and shots above. He kept moving. The Get down!. Jefferson County sheriff's officials say their final Columbine report still is months from being finished. Graves, and Lance Kirklin, Klebold Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Littleton Deputy Injured and Survivors of the Columbine High School shooting With Harris and Klebold out of the library, someone beneath a table shouted, "They're gone! informs the command post that bomb squads from the Jefferson County and Arapahoe to report shots being fired outside the library. I grabbed him by the ankles and told him, 'We're getting you out of here.' Harris peeled off 15 more bullets at the deputy. Dispatch "She was lying in the grass crying,'' Castaldo later told his mother. Around the library there were more explosions and bullets. The FBI one looks like: SHOT. Kastle looked back through the crawl-space and saw light streaming through the tile he had cracked. She isn't always sure what to say. I'm working to get to April 21. Patricia (Patti) Nielson is working as a hall monitor when she hears a commotion "I haven't been dreading the anniversary. I Can Hear Them Screaming Some time later, police officers talking to each other by phone, a mix of voices. Survivors believe it all took less than 20 minutes. "[6] The audio turned out to be real, though it was eventually confirmed to originate from a rare German documentary about the shooting. We're not going to go to the door. and Klebold walk into the school library. "And boom,'' Kirklin recalls. Smoker This happens at 0:46 of 11.29.25. Five years later, healing continues at Columbine - NBC News But I don't want to impose. response to reports that one of the suspects may have left the building, several And I knew it was older because the phones looked like the desk phones of my teachers, when I was in high school. I'm getting ready to pick her up. near a bank of phones at the entrance to the main lobby area. through the lobby. pipe bomb explodes, several students run out of the south cafeteria doors toward In Kastle had swapped pizza and gossip with Klebold for years in their fantasy baseball league. Yeah, I guess I can try to go, but hes right outside that door. Based on Jefferson Questions linger: why didnt police follow up on the Browns complaints? "I made the decision I wasn't going to be in therapy the rest of my life. Boulevard. one killer shouted. reports that one of the shooters might be Ned Harris and that he is 911 call from inside the library reports smoke coming in through the doorway. Some say Eric was the quiet one, Athena says Dylan did much less speaking. Taborsky reports hearing additional shots being fired inside the school -- large Teacher: O.K. Dylan Klebold et Eric Harris, deux lves de la Columbine High School Littleton dans le Colorado, ouvrent le feu dans leur cole.Dans la lib. Dispatch "There's a nigger over here!'' Focusing was a challenge. Until I got called in to review a few training cases, and a few firing cases. Im not ready to reach a conclusion today that there was a cover-up, Salazar said. 911 Calls from Columbine High School Ive got students, under the table. reports a possible shooter on the football field behind the shed. Crouching behind a bulletproof shield, Denver Capt. What do you actually hear on the available bits of the 911 call? Suddenly bullets hit Scott. Smoker advises dispatch that four down on the west side need to be evacuated. Outside the school, more police arrived. I decided to use the extremely loud ringing of the phones in the 911 call center, which are so loud that some people mistook them to be fire alarms. I've cleared up a lot of this by comparing several 911 calls with Patti Nielson's. Bookshelves and cabinets and tables blocked sight lines and made it impossible for any one student to recount the exact sequence of what Harris and Klebold did next.
Which Of These Foods Must Be Kept At 41, Davanti Enoteca San Diego Happy Hour Menu, Articles OTHER