Thanks. Could also be a loose wire connection, the power wires. Check the tightness on all wire connections, on the breaker, timeclock and motor. Hi Heidi, it sounds like maybe the plumbing could be reversed? Nothin seems to be leaking anywhere. Please note: The majority of our literature and brochures are in English only. I have a Hayward super pump 1.5 hp. Theres not much room back there for wires, and if they get too close to other things. The HS (High Sense (water temperature) will appear if the water sensor is reading above 105 OR if the sensor detects an increase of more than 6 with-in 60 seconds. "contentUrl": "https://x1.adis.ws/v1/media/graphics/i/lesl/its-logo-wide",
But dont bypass GFCI protection, thats just to determine if its a motor problem or outlet problem. I cannot locate the model # on either but believe the filter is a c250. The unit works fine for approximately 4- 6 hours, then the Check Salt and Inspect Cell flashes (salt level on the unit reads 2600 ppm). v when it is turned to 230v and re wired for 220-230 v it makes no noise at all. It is not just the connection that is leaking, the pump body itself has sprung at least one leak near the neck of the top fitting. Could be clogged impeller? When I checked it again, the shaft (impellers) spin freely when tested by hand, but its not actually spinning when powered up? Lighting Equipment Hayward Sense and Dispense AQL-CHEM Troubleshooting Manual (36 pages) Lighting Equipment Hayward SwimPure Plus Operation And Installation Manual (20 pages) Lighting Equipment Hayward Sheer 500 Owner's Manual Water feature with led lighting (16 pages) Lighting Equipment Hayward OmniHub Installation Manual Did not raise red flags, amature lol. Hayward North Star replaces capacitors Twice in a span of 3 month now pool pump not making any noise wondering if I can replace capacitor a third time. When I tighten the impeller onto to the motor how tight should it be? Normally they last longer. The GFI doesnt break which is where the pump is plugged into, it is just the breaker on the eletrical box that pops. Step 3: When the instant salt level is stable (and the negative sign still present), cycle slide switch to 'Super Chlorinate' and back to 'Auto'. Replace with the exact same MFD number, printed on the capacitor. It has been operating properly in its current setup for atleast 2 years (came with house). First time pool owner (obviously dont know what we are doing). We had a pool built in FL in Aug 2018 with variable speed Hayward TriStar pump. Whats the problem. You can, if possible, vacuum to waste by setting the multiport on the Drain to Waste setting, and then vacuuming fast you will discharge silty debris out of the pool. How to Read and Adjust the Hayward Aqua Rite SCG Operational Values. Just replaced the sand and cleaned the fingers, replaced the o rings and have a psi of 15 and great suction. Hi lindsay, pump motors are normally too hot to touch, they run about 140 to the touch. Hi Michael, common problem, which can be caused by a variety of issues, in order of possibility If flushing and draining does not help, it is time to open up the filter tank, remove the grid assy (or flex tube nest), and after cleaning very well with a hose, soak it in a DE filter cleaner solution (5-gal bucket works well for Perflex). Yes, kind of does defeat the purpose, but you may not need to heat the pool all the time, so can still run on low-speed for many hours per day. Got a new motor, it made humming noise since day on,if i help it spin it works so I changed the capacitor and still the same, humming and if I help it to spin it goes fine, any suggestions? I have cleaned the rubber gasket, made sure the springs touch to no avail. If there is an external 2-speed timeclock, check the wiring, esp. Pump lids are all very tight, they need to be. The problem lies where the power dies [note to readers: motor cycling is not the same as pump cycling, where the water flow starts and stops, here I am talking about the motor itself starting/stopping], I have a Hayward sp2607x10 pump. Leaks can also come from loose drain plugs, or loose bolts on the seal plate, connecting the motor to the pump. Hi Scott, if the cracked case seal has any possibility of letting water in, maybe you can silicone it to seal it up. I have been getting GFI breaker trips intermittently. Does it really need to be replaced? Why would the pump and Polaris stop working at the same time? Likewise, it could be any other obstruction after the pump (partially clogged pipes, small pipe size, partially closed return valves) all of which will produce higher than normal filter pressure. Fingers crossed it is not that! presto, all working good! A local electric motor shop should have them, or easy to find online. Hi Jack, according to the manual, the Drive Error Pump is Stalled error usually refers to water or moisture on the circuit board, under the display panel. Not the 12VAC that it says should be there. When we turn on power, the pump does not make noise but the timer box and the circuit box make a light humming noise and then the circuit tripped. I would like to repair it if possible. A warranty process with Hayward may take awhile, a few weeks this time of year I would think. Filters, Learn About Thanks. 3. clogged pump impeller or very dirty filter. Finally, it could be bad voltage, but again, it was running before just fine, so probably not that. Checked everything still doesnt work . My Hayward pump II LX 1.5 horsepower. Hi Paul, could it be vibration noise? Salt chlorine generators are great products. What do numbers on T-Cell-15 digital display mean? | Aqua Rite Motor will hum for a few seconds and eventually trip the breaker. Hi Stephen, could be a loose wire, not just the power wires, but other wires inside the back perhaps, or loose wires on the timeclock or breaker. If your salt system is hardwired, variations in voltage could cause the controller to go a little haywire. Might be some voltage issues? Hi Anmarie, Could be the wrong type of sand, but not likely if the bag said Pool Filter Sand on the label. Have an old Hayward super II pump, worked fine last fall, this spring at startup very low volume. If any of these readings are outside limits, replace motor. Note: Antimicrobial properties are built in to the blue filter media to inhibit the growth of bacteria that may affect this product. I have this same Drive Error Message. Full membership to the IDM is for researchers who are fully committed to conducting their research in the IDM, preferably accommodated in the IDM complex, for 5 Fitness View More. At75%, or lower, in either polarity, it's time to consider replacing the cell. The price seems steep ($500+ for the pump) and it seems only Leslies carries them. Then after it cools Im able to spin the shaft and it starts again. It actually burned up shortly after my arrival and troubleshooting it. my two speed Hayword pump clicks when Hi there, I have a 2-speed (hi and low) Hayward pump. Hi Ryan, it possibly could be a problem with running two extension cords, also could be voltage fluctuation, or loose terminal connections, or just a pump going bad. I have a Hayward super flo matrix pump. It looks old and Im thinking about replacing it. ), or 4) loose suction side valves, I have a hayward 1081 century with 3/4 hp motor with top mounted capacitor. It is good to let hayward know, because if they had a run of bad bearings, they will know about it, and want to know about it, and are more likely to help, if out of warranty. Hi, that could be many things, from low water level to a broken impeller, but its usually an air leak. The outlet the pump is plugged into, I suppose that is a 240V outlet. The water flow coming out of the returns looks normal. Its just a trickle (as opposed to a spray)at this time. I noticed the pump wasnt running this week and saw the LED display was off and had moisture in it. Tested the switch on and off and it works as expected. Pumps need 120V, +/- 10%, so maybe the voltage is fluctuating, from loose connection from breaker to outlet, or a loose breaker. Good luck! Suggestions on what to do next. use a wrench on the rear of the shaft (or large flathead),to work the shaft back and forth until it spins freely. About two weeks ago, my pool water level was very low and I believe this is were the air bubbles first presented. I was just wondering if you thought that could be the issue unless it could be something else. Check the capacitor, for bulging, cracking, or melting. 99% of the time its no problem 1% of the time something could burst, usually a plumbing fitting, a bad glue joint or clamped fitting. New Assy is $500. Hi Mark, in looking at the owners manual https://www.intheswim.com/images/PDFs/E1964-Manual.pdf perhaps there is a minimum speed setting that is set to high, or the programming Day/Time/Speed is set up to permit high speed only? I just bought this pump 3-4 yrs ago? any ideas? Signature Custom Cabinetry, 240. Or switch to Pentair, but I wouldnt say theyre better your case is unusual, the pump may have been dropped, suffered some hard knock from a tree branch, or perhaps it had a defective bearing to begin with. Is there any other switch? Could also be that your vacuum hose has a big split in it if this only happens during vacuuming. Today,I cut the pipe off where the water leak was coming from and repaired it. Since the pool is still being finished, the lines going to and from the pool are not installed yet so wanted to put water in there to test. Please help! But first, remove the fingers again, and soak the entire Nest Assembly in a bucket filled with pool filter cleaner, to dissolve oils and scale. Hi Rachel, Im guessing a Hayward Perflex DE filter? A common mistake is to install the spring seal half backwards. Disconnected the chlorination device, and direct connected it eliminating that. By looking at the return valve, you should be able to see if it is squarely closing off the pool return pipes. What am I missing? Remove the bracket and inspect for bulging, cracking, or burnt marks on the end. If the bolts do not tighten fully, it could be that the housing threaded receivers are loose and spinning as you try to tighten the bolts. Just replaced my old Polaris booster pump, 3/4 hp, with a 1hp pump. Ours is doing the same thing. Gas fired pool heaters are similar to a home gas-fired furnace, with the main difference being that a pool heater heats water and a home furnace heats air. I have purchased a Hayward SP 158015 Power-floLX series 1 1/2 horsepower Above Ground pool pump along with a Hayward S166T Proseries sandfilter 16 inch top mount for a 15 ft above ground proseries pool. Could the water have damaged the motor ? Any suggestions what it could be. Hi Tim, when the windings in a motor are shorted, the motor is pretty much dead, they arent rewound anymore, like in the old days. goes on first, then the spring, then the slightly larger hole washer. The pump keeps kicking off every 24 hours and I turn it back on by hitting filter. Hi Kacy, thats very odd, and likely just a coincidence that the pump works on backwash only. Ryan, is the breaker a 15-amp? A jammed impeller or blown capacitor can lead to a tripped breaker. It makes humming sound 1-2 times before starting. "url": "https://x1.adis.ws/v1/media/graphics/i/lesl/its-logo-wide",
You could also check incoming voltage, and wire connections, as fluctuating current can cause an overheated motor, but if its very old, it may just be on its way out, sorry to say at which point you could replace just the motor and shaft seal, or the entire pump. I have a Haywood swim pro voyager and it is making a loud vibration noise. If the problem continues after fixing the problems above, you may have a clog in the suction side of your pump. Please advise. The small filter, usually at the wall? I have a Hayward pump and filter system for my outdoor water feature. Could be a problem with the centrifugal switch, located dead center on the rear of the motor, or the stationary switch, located beneath it, and contacting each other in the center. If you suspect your breaker has broken, call a certified electrician to further diagnose the problem. Any ideas or what else to check? Blue essence salt chlorine generator owner's manual 1. drain plug Now if its not an air leak, surging can also be caused by a clog in the pipe, usually a solid object like a golf ball, getting sucked back and forth in the pipe. If stuck from rust build-up, move the capacitor (located at 9 oclock) and/or the thermal regulator (located at 12 oclock), out of the way, so that you can fit a 7/16 open end wrench on the slotted part of the shaft, behind the centrifugal switch that is screwed onto the end of the shaft. Hayward offers environmentally responsible, cutting-edge pool and spa equipment for residential and commercial, in-ground and above-ground pools. Sometimes it hums but wont start and other times there is nothing. easier. If any of these readings are outside limits, replace motor. Thank you for your time, Jed. Was working fine until I backwashed and cleaned the basket by the pump. Hi Davy, Write Review Hayward AquaTrol HP Main PCB | GLX-PCB-TROL-HP $375.97 Quantity $17.35 / Month * Platinum Preferred Manufacturer Proposition 65 Warning Does it only do this when vacuuming, but otherwise runs fine? Get Mountainside Fitness reviews, ratings, business hours, phone numbers, and directions. Hayward should be able to help, http://www.haywardnet.com see for contact info. Inspect wiring for any loose or corroded connections. If your pool is fairly small, without spa and water features, you can also consider using a Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, which has fewer features than the Intelliflo, but also costs much less. Can I turn on this pump without water to check whether the motor is running? Not that I can think of, but something seems to be aerating your water? Or could it be a dirty motor or ground wire that isnt connected well enough? Make sure that the drive is bonded with the bare copper wire and all four screws are secure on the drive. The motor eventually started. Ive tried connecting direct from circuit breaker, as well as bypassing with a timer. Poseer una casa es la piedra angular de la riqueza tanto la riqueza financiera como la seguridad emocional. A pump that simply wont start is a frustrating problem. They are easily replaceable. Also, because of this leak, would It cause my pressure to decrease? Or it could be a bad breaker, but usually not. "@type": "Person",
We knows its not electrical. 240v Input voltage is present. The motor runs but does not Then hold the shaft stationary to remove the impeller, and finally remove the housing. Yes, if not grounded correctly, the GFCI will trip. Could be loose fitting on hoses. If the pump makes no noise at all, turn on power, and with a multi meter, check the power at the pump, switch/timer and breaker, the problem lies where the power dies. Hi Joe, make sure that the pump shaft is spinning freely. Loose connection inside the plug or socket. Thank you Hi Larry, When DE is coming back into the pool, its usually: Yes, pool heaters do have a minimum flow requirement. If not, but the shaft and impeller spin freely remove the start capacitor, normally located in the motor rear, at 9 oclock, and write down the MFD number, and then order one online, or at a local electric motor repair shop. Additional causes for low water flow in your pump are debris build-up or dirty equipment. You can buy replacement drives I believe, that may be the (expensive) cure for the problem. I had my Hayward pool/spa installed about 4 years ago. If you get no response from your Hayward pool pump when you flip the switch, first verify the terminal board connections match the wiring diagram on the motor data plate label. If its bulged, cracked or otherwise looks damaged, you can assume that it has failed. pull the water through. I have a Hayward Super II pump. Third, is there a valve closed after the filter, or some other obstruction? hi quick question, i have replaced the bearing for the pump but when i reassembled the pump ive noticed that if i shut the pump off and want to turn it right back on most of the time it hums like the start capactor is not working but if i shake the pump it will start up. Hi John, if the outlet is GFCI, check the TEST button, it may have tripped. Cheers! Backwash works but not filter.. we took it apart and replaced the housing gasket, diffuser gasket and seal shaft. The pipe from the pump is connected to the valve in the port labeled PUMP and the pipe returning to the pool connects to the port labeled RETURN. it runs about 30 minutes and trips the breaker. I spent 1 hour one one bolt alone. Ive had the pool for 25 years with no problems until now. If needed, you could replace just the motor, and the shaft seal, and save a few hundred bucks. Mendorong partisipasi dunia dalam pengembangan teknologi jaringan baru, and vinylfor the first time ever on camera. Just hoping for some feed back and the name plate is missing from the Tristar Motor, to actually know the exact motor we have? A start capacitor is supposed to only be energized for a few seconds to start the motor, and once the centrifugal switch opens and releases contact with the stationary switch, the capacitor is released. We have our pump timers to shut off at noonmany times, but all the time, they run past the specified shut off time. Or you may have an Air Leak in front of the pump, on the pump lid or the pipe coming into the pump usually. Turned it off and now it makes the grinding noise and turns off itself. Question my Aquaririte is 3 years old. Features: Replacement for Hayward T-CELL-5, GLX-CELL-5-W and Aqua Trol Suitable for pools up to 20,000 gallons Comes with a 15 foot cord Clear housing for visual inspection of cell No need for re-plumbing, direct fitting threads Meets all original factory specifications Reverses polarity to automatically clean cell Entire pump system with pump basket and housing. Then timer 2 comes on at 3:30 at 2250 rpms, but recently (last 3 mornings) when the second timer at the higher rpms comes on it does not prime and just runs without circulation water through the system. Could it have shut it self off from overheating? of and in " a to was is ) ( for as on by he with 's that at from his it an were are which this also be has or : had first one their its new after but who not they have LibriVox is a hope, an experiment, and a question: can the net harness a bunch of volunteers to help bring books in the Dec 14, 2021. Anyone have similar problems or have an idea what we r doing wrong? Hi, each pool filter system has a different pressure, but if there was a normal pressure, many systems are designed to run around 10 psi (clean). Pump does not overheat or shut off or anything and continues to circulate the water normally, just making a lot of noise, so I have not been running it. Or, a loose pipe coming into the pump can allow air intake. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Air can also enter the system from low water level or a stuck skimmer weir, bringing air in from the skimmer, or from loose and leaky suction side (skimmer/main drain) valves. It could also be due to the air intake, or the filter pressure, Water around the base, check the motor bolts or seal plate clamp for tightness on the seal plate o-ring, and check drain plugs for tightness, but most likely its coming from around the outlet pipe, and dripping down to the base, or from the shaft seal, which leaks directly mid bottom, where motor connects. "caption": "In The Swim Blog"
. 5. very dirty pool filter, Every time the pump is turned on with the timer it trips the circuit breaker. Sun was beating on it. "@type": "ImageObject",
Step 2: Press Diagnostics button 5 times to display the Instant Salt level.
Kankakee Daily Journal Obituaries June 2021, Clean With Passion For Now Cast Died, 100 Ejercicios De Microsoft Word 2016, What A Pisces Man Needs In A Woman, Articles H