Ogun could be your guardian Orisha if you: have a profound sense of right and wrong Orisha Tradition: The Head Marking Ceremony Kalunga Healing Arts A paper image of the Orisha, in the form of a saint, should be authorized. July 2015 She is also fond of light-colored fruits, wine, beer, rum, or gin. Each system differs in how it determines your head Orisha. As you present each offering, you should tell your Ori the reason for making that particular offering. My Branch of the religion is La Pimienta. there are additional orishas crowned beyond those mentioned above. This seems to be the case in Havana more than other places in Cuba. November 2018 as a woman, you enjoy the company of strong males My advice always is to start with a connection to your ancestors and spirit guides. Personal Religious Items. 3 Proper Ways of Dapping Up, Clix Haircut: How To Style Your Hair Like Fortnite Pro Clix, Gavi Haircut: How To Get The Iconic Pablo Gavi Hairstyle. movies & theater, functioning within confined environments This goes back to us choosing the orisha who best supports our destiny. Oshun is commonly called the river orisha, or goddess, in the Yoruba religion and is typically associated with water, purity, fertility, love, and sensuality. Ogun is the god of war and iron and the patron of blacksmiths in the Yoruba and other diasporic traditions. you love parties If you regularly smell things before consuming them, you can help improve your sense of smell over time. To put it simply, God created the universe and everything in it. There seems to be a growing trend of people wanting to learn who their orisha is and how they can work with that orisha. New World Santeria believers, on the other hand, generally only work with a handful of them. IU vs QG Head to Head Stats and Records you need to know before And the more we live in harmony with our Orisha, the more harmonious our lives will be. I would say, first and foremost. you need periods of being alone One of my professors told the class that in Yoruba tradition they believe that everyone is ruled by a deity and that the deity is said to "own the head" of the person, with the head being the receptacle of spiritual energy. You should never feel pressured by any Diviner to become committed to them as Godparent. Both the light and shadow aspects of Oguns traits are necessary for getting things going and advancing society in a myriad of ways. Conversely, you might feel very sure of yourself and your intuition, and you might find this whole experience very easy and natural something youve waited your whole life for. The divination is performed on a grass mat wrapped in a white sheet that is placed on the ground. I was one of the first Salsa Dance Teachers in London in 1989, before it became the sport of a million suburban housewives; formed Orchestra Salsa Y Ache in late 80's, toured and did many gigs for seven years; then formed Salsasonica which recorded with Buena Vista's Guajiro Mirabal. Personality Quiz. you are more comfortable being in control of relationships This is a matter you simply don't control. You Will Have A Highly Developed Sense Of: right & wrong Once you discover who your head Orisha is, you may be able to see how the spirit has manifested in your experience. costumes I have also organised five musical trips to Cuba. My Iyatobi Oshainle passed this year and Omi Laibo is my Ojubona. You also understand your character and nature better. Some things are limited to explain in written language. https://guidesandgoalschatwithadunola.as.me/schedule.phphttps://www.patreon.com/Adunola MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love hacks, and a 15 minute consultation!https://www.patreon.com/Adunola Finding a reputable Diviner, either of Ifa or the Dilogun can be a necessary step. you are slow to anger prefer small groups to large crowds By. Pigeon, rooster, and male goat, are all offered to Esu. This would happen in a divination where it is determined that you must be crowned a priest. Quiz introduction. If you are able to obtain kola nuts at a local specialty store, be certain that you specify bitter kola for your Shango sacrifice. The union should be blessed by the head Orisha of the Olorisha before making any commitment. you prefer to be monogamous you are a natural gardener February 2020 Shangos day is Thursday. How To Know Your Orisha Head? New Update For the beginning of any long-term project. Long distance Godparents. Those that have made the time to connect, are better equipped to find the right home for themselves spiritually. If you have to own a weapon for a fight, which of this item would you pick? You may be an Aries sun or moon sign or have other prominent planetary placements in the Aries constellation in your natal chart. If they do, they will ask for a reading. In the If oracle, for example, a trained priest, a babalawo ("father of the mystery"), interprets the fall of consecrated palm nuts to reveal the orisha s' response to a seeker's question. you have a genuine caring feeling for other people June 2015 While this is a powerful and moving experience, in this day of people faking possessions it is necessary to confirm what was revealed through divination just for good measure. Trips to Cuba now are more and more expensive and if you can afford to go on a regular basis, then consider that economically there will always be an imbalance of power between yourself and those that you choose to guide you. Knowing who is the "owner of our head" also helps us to lead more effective lives. Read more Orunmila In 2005 I A persons Head Orisha could be attempting to get their attention in such instances. The goal for any student should be to learn how to improve their life with this magical system. Itana Rakic is a certified Theta Healing practitioner, Tarot reader, Astrologer, and a Reiki Master who lives in Belgrade, Serbia. Along with knowledge of the orishas, knowledge of particular practices have also made their way into the mainstream. The dark skin matches this purple Orisha. I would also like to say that the Lucumi Path is only one variation of what may be labelled as Orisha worship. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Offer one to Obatala. you love dance and music Oshun is the goddess of love, sensuality, sexuality, fertility, all that make life beautiful and worth living. Educate yourself and understand that there are roles that Babalawos have that Olorishas dont have and vice versa. For instance, you could be a child of Ogun, who corresponds to the planet Mars, which governs the sign of Aries. Things may change and at any point in time, you may feel that the initial house where you were introduced to Orisha may not be the house for you but this is why it is important to take baby steps and not to hurry before you make any commitments. How to Find Out Your Guardian Orisha the Proper Way! I am also a diviner of the Dilogun. Do you know the head and senior Orishas of the Yoruba pantheon? In either case, knowing who this deity is can profoundly impact the course of your life. There are two times when you can find out who your guardian orisha is. Most orisha houses perform the head-marking in one of three ways: The erindiloggun (cowrie shells) of the godparent's orishas are read in a specific head-marking reading. you love ideas Due to the spiritual origin of their spirits (souls), they are said to have led ordinary human lives but retain their great wisdom and power, thus acting as a sort of spiritual gurus and shamans to the humans. Additionally, you learn what you should and should not do to effect positive change in your life. as a male, you enjoy the company of strong women Though many people do exhibit characteristics of the orisha that owns their head, not only does it not always hold, but we believe that we chose the orisha who owns our head before we incarnated because that orisha can best support our destiny. In the Afro Cuban branch (My branch) Eleggua (Esu/ Elegba) day is Monday. Eggplants are a favorite of Oya. In fact, this was one of the first things I learned about Orisha Tradition when I was a student at Temple University. being structured Take this quiz to find out which of the Yoruba Orishas you the most similar to!! Please see this very important article by Willie Ramos: Diplo and Pseudo OrishasThis is why it is very important to educate yourself and build up relationships. you have strong reactions to thunderstorms For houses that are Ocha-centric and do not work with Babalawos, this would be the moment you are marked for kariocha. Using your date of birth, for example 11/17/1994, add up all the numbers until reduced to a single digit. If you are a child of Obatala, you may find that you are enamored with ideas, analytical, cerebral, introverted, and monogamous. Cube Symbolism and Meaning: What Does A Cube Symbolize? Initiations. quitting smoking & drinking Have you ever wondered 'who is my orisha'? You share many personality traits with your guardian spirit. ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2014 santeriachurch.org except where noted otherwise. you can talk people into whatever you want Our interest in cancer is the result of a combination of factors. A bad day for new undertakings or major projects of any kind. 3 Ways to Improve Your Sense of Smell - wikiHow These elements ultimately help you live in balance and harmony. Orisha comes to London. Oya Orisha of change, using her sword or machete to bring down and then clear the dead wood to make space for the new. My first reading took place over thirty 34 years ago, when the religion was illegal, Cuba was not a popular tourist destination and circumstances were very different. Taboos given during this reading typically hold until the person initiatea to their head orisha. God then manifested bits of himself creating lesser gods or guardian angels, governing over the various forces of nature. Kariocha means "to seat the orisha", and in this ceremony a person's tutelary orisha is seated on their head; they are literally crowned with that orisha. Doing so will typically set them on the right path to achieving their soul mission. So, when an orisha deity chooses you, what does it mean? Knowing a persons guardian orisha is putting the cart before the horse. Favorable on this day is preparation, as opposed to use, of amulets and protective charms. The head can be requested by any Olorisha or Awo Orunmila (santero or babalawo) as long as their hands . Red palm oil- a staple of all orisa with the exception of Obatala- is often poured on Esu or in front of his image. A persons tutelary orisha (also called a head orisha, guardian orisha or guardian angel) is the orisha that claims a persons head. Let us see everything today.. Orishas were sent by Olodumare to help and teach humans during their time on Earth. Esus day is Saturday. For example, when a person finds out they are a child of Obatal they know they usually function best over time and that when they are hurried they are at their least . Similar to him, you are a brave, courageous, and powerful individual. As people learn about the energies and characteristics of the orishas, along with the concept of orisha head-ownership, they inevitably ask, "What orisha owns my head?". received my Ikofafun ( Ifa) and on February 9 2006 I became initiated as a Priestess of Ochun in Luyano, Havana. I have seen too many instances that money will buy you any ceremony that you wish to purchase. you are not bothered by funerals or cemeteries When we come to this world, each of us are accompanied by an Orisha. brightly colored clothes 22 How To Know When An Orisha Chooses You 01/2023 - BMR When you know who your Orisha is, you also know who to approach when you need help in life. I would say do some research first. October 2020 I went to study music in Cuba in 1986, since then I have done many things. They live within and around us. people are oftern drawn to you for comfort and understanding you are easily offended you cut corners. And remember that there are 401 Orisha (all are real) governing the various forces of nature of God Almighty. Sign 4: You might also hear strange phrases and names, like Ase, Esu, Oba, Ogun, Otin or Yewa (just some of them) that are a certain sign that youre being contacted by an Orisha, or an ancestor of yours who has become an Orisha. Because he is the Orisha of metal, there are two particular ebos that refer to his domain. Our religion is a way of life, and there are no magical spells, or potions that are going to bring you in line with your destiny. Any taboos here are usually expected to be kept until the person receives their Isefa/Kofa/Awofakan/Hand of Ifa (the ceremony where one receives the sacred icon of Ifa) or initiates to the orisha of their head. Esu/ Elegba (Eleggua) is Guardian of The Crossroads, and the messenger of God Almighty. There are a number of levels of initiation, and the knowledge you gain deepens as well as the commitment . sticking to a formal exercise program Palm oil, kola nuts, and coconuts are also suitable offerings. I hope this helps! We just want to ensure Wellness either way. Because it is my lineage, the Lucumi path is what I will be concentrating on, however please be aware that there are different traditions under the umbrella of Orisha worship and you need to find what is right for you. The pros of choosing godparents in the vicinity of where you live are simply because there is a chance to become part of a community. Going to any Diviner, does NOT commit you to their Ile (house of Worship). Start Quiz . First of all, to pray for a head one must have a lot of heart and that the religious's hands are spiritually fresh and clean, because by putting our hands on the body of another person and more on his head, we are offering a part of our life. you are acutely aware of how you look Between the years 1991 and 2005 I received My Elekes, Warriors and Olokun. Most orisha houses perform the head-marking in one of three ways: The erindiloggun (cowrie shells) of the godparent's orishas are read in a specific head-marking reading.
How To Make Cheddars Restaurant Ranch Dressing, Articles H