But Ms. Commissos lawyer went to the sheriff to file the complaint because of concerns that the Albany Police Department would not want to handle a politically explosive investigation into Mr. Cuomo, according to a person familiar with the case. Those are definitely incisors.. 3 0 obj We are beyond grateful to the officers who are diligent and are honest. He sailed on to victory and has run for re-election unopposed not once but twice since. Lorez Bailey - Publisher - North Bay Business Journal | LinkedIn Cuomo denied the charge, which was later dropped, as well as other accusations of wrongdoing from multiple women alleging sexual misconduct and harassment. Or is it really as dumb as it first appears? You have found ALLIES! I find it incredible, yes unbelievable, totally unacceptable that he does not advocate counseling and therapy for students who are the victims of trauma and violence on his watch, on his turf. Listen, hes the district attorney, he can do whatever he needs to do on this case, Sheriff Apple said. hD1 r:B,orn#= }LtVi,``nOE(WQjI\+F[U]9;WHA; ^TE5,H Nrv[ 3`wIr/~_C3d )U[p4[Q#l pHH`e|DRal{| \N9tl'3>l6TQ}f)xk\gi A)`B$r^Vp[i7 1B-0]>z-U}oar[|}I:lH58\8pGW Q=sysKIO|EcU0j4JN[6kZ~5*CDVkMqN:#zrJCeW>k\]-A4j#nqWN%. Whats up Craig? Sheriff Apple pulls out of state Senate race - troyrecord Born in Brooklyn Leonard Dupigny was interviewed by the TU and he has no idea who the hell we are and what they were talking about, A six minute investigation and bogus drug test forms are all they had. An attorney for Cuomo, who has repeatedly denied allegations of inappropriate touching, served Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple with a "preservation of records" relating to his investigation into . Matthew J. Miller, a Democratic county legislator and high school biology teacher in Selkirk, not far from where Sheriff Apple grew up, recalled how the sheriff responded to the 2014 strangulation death of 5-year-old Kenneth White by a teenage cousin in their home in Knox, N.Y., part of the Hilltowns community in rural northwestern Albany County. Rules for the Road: Suggestions on How to Use Smalbany Magazine & BlogUPDATED! Edison paid $725 for the Steinway, a Model B, in June 1890. ", "I've been in the sheriff's office for 33 years of my life," he said. This story has been shared 168,313 times. 5 0 obj And as coronavirus cases exploded last winter, his office provided rapid Covid-19 tests and vaccines, a move he said was made possible by the strong support of the governors chamber when Cuomo was governor. CreditPatrick Dodson for The New York Times. The sheriff described their confusion, filthy belongings and tears. But Apple is second in fundraising bringing in almost $590,000 since 2015 and has been able to hold on to his contributions by not spending on mailers and advertising that would be necessary if he faced any challengers. Can we prove this, YES. Craig Apple Sr. who as the sheriff of Albany County, N.Y., filed a criminal complaint against former Gov. His exit from the race means Rensselaer Democrat Andrea Smythe, CEO and president of the New York State Coalition for Childrens Behavioral Health, can pivot to a general election matchup against GOP Assemblyman Jake Ashby (R-Castleton). The Facility has a maximum of 1043 beds, providing custody for local, state and federal prisoners. Contact Craig Apple - Apple for Sheriff Cuomos allies have suggested that Apple coordinated the timing of the charge with the state attorney general, Letitia James, who announced her candidacy for governor a day after the charge against Cuomo became public. Craig Apple Sr. filed a criminal complaint against the former governor in October. Me. Ok so if your gonna blast the kid as you should for stealing campaign signs in Coeymans include Scott Searles 17 yr old daughter. Please add my name to the lawsuit.My name is Tina Brooks and Im the one who wrote to you about my grandson being bullied and attacked by 2 other students a couple weeks ago at the Middle School while aides NEVER came to rescue!! The Albany County Sheriff's Office was established in the 1660's and is one of the oldest Sheriff's agencies in the United States. Maybe Craig is not as stupid as this makes him look. No excuses. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Four New York Sheriffs Will Not Enforce Governor Cuomo's Thanksgiving Glad we could get together here. Albany County is part of the Local industry, and located in New York, United States. Craig D. Apple Sr. - IMDb Thank you for your comment. Kerry Thompson cant even seem to manage law enforcement when it comes to his own kids. Hate to see it, Cuomo spokesman Richard Azzopardi said in a text. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Albany County Sheriff Craig D. Apple speaks during a news conference concerning new complaint allegations against New York Gov. The development leaves Republican state Assemblyman Jake Ashby and Democratic candidate Andrea Smythe in the race for the 43rd District. {I?D]7 DDD@ DDD@ DDD@ DD But this is the right decision for me, Apple said in the Facebook post. CraigApple Live ; Innovative Programs. c.2021 The New York Times Company. I did my job. The following is a list of offers made on the British reality television series Dragons' Den in Series 11-20, aired during 2013-2023. Statement from Attorney General's Office Following Albany Sheriff's The Official YouTube Live page for: Albany County Sheriff Sheriff Craig D. Apple, Sr. Quick, accurate, information in response to the pandemic. endstream Could that be the reason Apple is calling Thompson back into the Albany County Sheriffs Department with an apparent promotion. Soares who sought and was granted a delay in Cuomos arraignment, which was pushed to January said Sheriff Apple had engaged in troubling investigative methods and hidden potentially exculpatory evidence. xc``g``c ` fbbFuAQ|z`"pA-* Listen, hes the district attorney, he can do whatever he needs to do on this case, Sheriff Apple said. Albany sheriff says he won't rush or delay Cuomo investigation 'because Then, he enlisted Albany Law Schools immigration law clinic to set up shop at the jail and recruit translators. Or is he just plain sick? The current staff of 375 for both sworn officers and civilians maintains the day-to-day operations of the Facility. The woman, herself a mother of three, smiled sweetly. Or was she simply guilty of a poor choice in company, namely the Thompson brat? . H?;= I9$f[+[}y JL2GrY~ekjfE!+$5A-vB|JEKF]=9w[Nay>NFUh'9i8; 9Ln@4/ gwlOs]mM_I|)Zi>em^(H #[| !12AQq"3RTa4#BSCD$5E ? He is also a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the International Counter Terrorism Officers Association. I think thats unfair.. He has served in the Albany County Sheriffs Office since 1987. Its current owner Robert Friedman, who after more than 40 years in the piano business calls himself the Steinway hunter bought it in January, unseen, unplayed and unaware. Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple is a local boy, from the RCS area, and rumor is that there is no love lost between him and the Coeymans police department. Thank you very much in advance for your coperation and assistance! The Albany County Sheriff's Correctional Facility is one of the largest County Correctional Facilities in the State of New York. One reason is he has a progressive record that is unusual for a county sheriff. 8 Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple has never had an opponent since he first won his office in 2011 and it shows in his campaign account. Steinway stopped making Model Bs with 85 notes in 1892, a year after it had added an 88-note version, the forebear of the Model B that is still in its product lineup. Just count how many raids were botched up and how many search warrants were defective on his watch. A Sincere Invitation from the EditorUPDATED! I did exactly what the people elected me to do. Are we the only ones who smell the stink? I used to be a dental hygienist, she said. Craig Apple. Tyson Ruecker is a Brady Cop to the Nth degree. Sheriff Craig D. Apple Sr. Sports Field | Albany County, NY (LogOut/ (518) 487-5037 (fax) But youd better act fast because unconfirmed information indicates that Coeymans police chief Gregory Darlington and at least one of his officers, Gerald Deluca, may not be in their jobs very much longer, and may have a date with the feds (unless they resign, we hear). Lunatic Terrorizing Neighbors AND Local Law Enforcement. "And I don't spend my money foolishly.". PDF Sheriff Craig Apple Albany Police Department Albany, NY And were still hot on the trail of his other sons escapades stealing and destroying candidates campaign signs, a crime caught on video by at least two neighbors. He has been a near-constant presence in the local press ever since regaling reporters with tales of high-speed chases, a prolific jewel thief, miscreant teenagers, and even the torture of a snapping turtle. ]Ki\n1` i#62a Det. The recording originally surfaced when Apple was running for sheriff in 2011. At least take off one of those blankets.. Kerry Thompson has already been removed from the Coeymans scene and is taking admin leave because of his involment in a number of criminal activities, not only obstruction of justice and misuse of public office, and has been given a promotion with the Sheriffs department. Albany County Sheriff I cant say that I felt Edisons presence when I visited Friedman the other day in New Paltz, N.Y., and asked if he had listened to the piano the way Edison did. Albany County Sheriff campaign most flush in state, A contrasting tale of two county sheriffs, Cigar anyone? Diese Episodenliste enthlt alle Episoden der britischen Dramedy Doc Martin, sortiert nach der britischen Erstausstrahlung. Sheriff Apple shrugged off the threats. Because of the continuing power of the Albany County Democratic party, elected officials here are more likely to face competitive races in primaries not from Republicans or third-party candidates in the general election. On the spring day in 2019 when a new family adopted the girls, he gave them a ride from family court in a squad car with flashing lights and a siren. The Sheriff Craig D. Apple Sr. Sports Field, offers an artificial athletic field for field and box lacrosse, soccer, baseball, football, softball and more. Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple defends decision to charge Andrew Hey there! Dont you think we taxpayers and public should some answers tothese questions? Craig Apple became Sheriff of Albany County in 2011. Cuomo attorney has a list of requests for Sheriff Craig Apple A look at the sheriff's campaign expenses reveal mostly contributions to other local Democratic candidates, donations to not-for-profit groups, and costs to run his fundraisers. We suggest that you contact Dawn Vadney, whose son was attacked and injured when entering the high-school, and Laszlo Polyak, whose daughter was beat up on school grounds this year and has been suffering since. Sheriff Craig Apple: Deputies jump jobs for higher pay Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple also revealed that he was caught by surprise by the abrupt docketing of the complaint shortly after his office filed it in Albany City Court on Thursday. Apple would run in the. Advertisement. Sheriff Apple said he and Mr. Soares initially worked together, but they decided to conduct parallel investigations to avoid finger-pointing and leaks. The sheriff showed up quickly, organized a vigil, and befriended the boys two surviving sisters, who were placed in the care of Child Protective Services. We are not going away and we will NOT back down. Well be contacting you with further information. The 32-year-old Commisso spoke out publicly for the first time. Learn more. 1996. Weve reported on his one sons recent reckless driving on Route 143 and destruction of a mailbox and damage to another care and how that was all kept quiet by Thompson (His kids a police dispatcher now in the Coeymans police department!). allegedly groped former staffer Brittany Commisso. He has spent 40 years in public life, and for him to all of the sudden be accused of a sexual assault of an executive assistant that he really doesn't know doesn't pass muster," Glavin said. In 1991, he became a deputy sheriff and subsequently served in the Investigations Unit. "I'm not done.". Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple has never had an opponent since he first won his office in 2011 and it shows in his campaign account. The registered owner of the vehicle APD Det. Commisso has worked for Cuomo since 2017. That is it. ACSO: employee arrested for stealing checks The 21-year-old son of Sheriff Craig Apple was charged with drunken driving early Saturday morning after a crash at Central and Colvin avenues, police said. Det. "I just. Sheriff Apple, 54, runs a department of roughly 700 deputies, correction officers, dispatchers, fire investigators and medical responders. On Monday, October 21, 2013, the first day of this post, the Albany County District Attorney P. David Soares, visited this blog a total of 24 times, spending a total of 3 hours 29 minutes and 35 seconds getting an education. How to get the best out of Smalbany Magazine & BlogUPDATED! Andrew Cuomo without consulting prosecutors or informing the. As for Scott Searles, his political affiliation plays no part in our coverage. Today well meet the sheriff who charged former Gov. Thomas Edison dreamed up all those inventions everybody knows about. Having done that and proved his mettal, Giroux then went on to accept a position with the Federal Bureau of Investitation (FBI). Her reporting career began at the Ithaca Journal in 1996, and moved on to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle in 1998, where she worked until coming to the Times Union in 2007. Albany sheriff defends handling of charges against former New York Gov The County has a population of 304,204 as reported in the United States Census Bureau's most recent report. Change). Apple has said he purchases merchandise for his fundraisers through the cigar retailers, and offers other services at his event like a cigar-rolling station right on the golf course. If Thompson is being assigned to this new position for any other reason than to keep closer tabs on his rogue activities at taxpayer expense, it certainly isnt because hes such a great cop or because he has any ethics. We want both of them held accountable for their lies, forgery and fraudulent use of their positions. A decade ago, in the midst of what would become a successful campaign to become county sheriff, a potentially devastating recording emerged. Apple will not endorse anyone in the race, according to his Facebook post. Sheriff Craig D. Apple Sr. Sheriff Craig D. Apple Sr. Sheriff Craig D. Apple Sr. Sheriff Craig D. Apple Sr. Home; It's Time 2023! Still trying to talk my daughter into filing a pain and suffering lawsuite being that my grandson doesnt want to attend RCSMS anymore for fear of these students attacking him again and the supervisory adults ignoring it!! << /Pages 31 0 R /Type /Catalog >> Beginning as a Correction Officer, he became a Deputy Sheriff in 1989, an Investigator in 1991, a Sergeant in 1993 and a Lieutenant in 1995 when he supervised the Criminal Investigations Unit. Do you want me to pick and choose my complainants or victims?. Do you think we have them worried? The course is available to any business or organization within Albany County, and will be conducted on your premises.
Noosa River Mouth Surf Cam, Articles S